At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about making people smile. That’s why we’ll refund the cost of your $79.00 impression kit if the registered Australian dentist determines our clear aligner treatment isn't suitable for you.
Your custom-made SmileDirectClub clear aligners can be returned within the first 30 days of your Smile Plan (in other words, your treatment plan—from approval and acceptance of your treatment to using your aligners every month) if you’re not happy for any reason, and all payments you’ve made for your aligners will be refunded. It’s that simple, and we’re that confident. Just remember, you’re responsible for any shipping charges when returning your clear aligners and we must receive the clear aligners by the end of the 30-day time period. The 30-day time period begins the day your clear aligner shipment is delivered.
Once we receive and process your return, we’ll email you to let you know your refund has been issued.
- Wear your aligners as directed.
- Respond to each 90-day check-in conducted via electronic communication from your registered Australian dentist by sending an email with the requested photos.
You must also Register your aligners on your customer account at SmileDirectClub.com.au.
If at the end of your treatment plan, having followed these guidelines, you haven’t achieved a smile you love, as presented in your Smile Plan, contact us using the details set out in the "contact us" section so the registered Australian dentist can re-evaluate your results. If it your registered Australian dentist agrees that continuing treatment is appropriate, you may be eligible for additional aligners to continue your journey. SmileDirectClub will work with you through this process to reach the best result. Don’t forget: You need to notify us within 30 days of completing your Smile Plan for the warranty to remain valid.
How to make a claim under this Return Policy
Please follow these steps when returning your aligners:
- Pack your unused aligners. Include all original packing materials, manuals and accessories if possible.
- Let us know you’re planning to make a claim under this Return Policy by emailing Support@SmileDirectClub.com.au with your order number.
- Send to: Attn: SmileDirectClub Unit 8/9, 7-15 Gundah Road, Mt Kuring-Gai, NSW 2080
- For proof of delivery, please use a courier with tracking like TNT or DHL for all returns. We are not responsible for any aligners lost while being returned to us.
Please follow these steps when claiming under your Club Warranty:
- Please call our Customer Care team at 1800 515 198 for more information regarding your Club Warranty. You will be responsible for the cost of calling our Customer Care team.
Once we receive and process your return, we’ll email you to let you know your refund has been issued. You’ll typically see your refund on your credit card statement within 5 to 10 days of processing, depending on your financial institution.
If you received a faulty product, please call our Customer Care team at 1800 515 198 to request a replacement at no extra charge. You need to do so as soon as you discover the fault and no later than one week after identifying such fault. You may be asked to supply photos of the faulty product for quality control purposes. You will be responsible for the cost of calling our Customer Care team.
Australian Consumer Law
If you are a consumer that purchased clear aligners or signed up to the Smile Plan, you have statutory rights in relation to your clear aligners and the Smile Plan and those rights are not affected by this Return Policy, which is in addition to your statutory rights.
If you are an Australian consumer, our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
This return policy is given by SmileDirectClub AUS Pty Ltd. ABN 62 632 280 310 whose principal place of business is at Unit 8/9, 7-15 Gundah Road, Mt Kuring-Gai, NSW 2080.